[
This is more suited for tomcat-user
Please post followups to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
]

This is not isolated to IE6 but all browsers. If you are using apache - add the appropriate redirects to your httpd config to force the user to the correct domain.

-Tim

Michael Wyraz wrote:
Hi!

I found a strange bug in internet explorer cookie handling that could possibile
workarounded in tomcat:

I have 2 different webapps on 2 different domains (a domain and a subdomain of this domain), e.g.:
mydomain.com
test.mydomain.com

When I enter the first domain, a session cookie for this domain is set.
The session then works fine for this domain.
Then I view a page from the second domain. IE returns the cookie
that was set in the first domain. Tomcat does'nt know that session id
in the second context and sets a new cookie.
Now the strange thing: The new Cookie is never returned from ie. So the
new Session in the second domain is not valid and after each click a
new SessionID is generated (i think IE always returns the cookie set in the first domain).

A possible solution:
If the name of the session cookie would be configurable (per host or per webapp),
the hostname could added to that cookie. This would fix this issue on IE.

Michael.