Hi all,

I have set up Tomcat 4 on my Win2000 workstation (using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18).
Using webdav via webfolder seems to work fine with single files, so does creating folders "manually" in the webfolder. However, when dragging and dropping a folder with several subfolders and some files in it I sometimes get the following error message printed on the Tomcat console:
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.

The folder than is copied incompletely, some files of the subfolders are missing.
Is that a known behavior, or just a bad configuration of my system? Does anybody have an idea how I could solve this problem?

As background information, I'm currently working on extracting the webdav module from Tomcat in order to make some project-specific changes to it. With this version, this error occurs much more frequently, which speaks for a configuration thing?

As far as I have traced it, this message is thrown inside the doPropfind method of the WebdavServlet class, seemingly at
Document document = documentBuilder.parse
(new InputSource(req.getInputStream()));

Anybody an idea?

Christian