Tim Funk wrote:
With Ant 1.5.1 and building tomcat5, the last step of precompiling fails. If I upgrade xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar to xerces_2_3_0 in the $ANT_HOME/lib directory all is OK.

With Ant 1.5.2, this error doesn't occur. Since they have the newer version.

Attached is (sad) attempt to patch this in BUILDING.txt. I also took out the download xalan step since I successfully built tomcat 5 on a with jdk14, ant1.5.2, while (accidentally) skipping the download xalan step. Is xalan still needed in the $ANT_HOME/lib directory?

I also added a blurb about the ant download task.

I don't want to sound too mean or anything, but:
- It was mentioned in mail by Costin that Ant 1.6 will be required for TC 5, because the new classloader task will be used.
- Xalan is bundled with JDK 1.4, so that's why you don't need it in that casa. No, Tomcat 5 will not require JDK 1.4.
- The build system is not done yet, *but* works very well for me right now with Ant 1.5.1.

Remy