Hello,

I am a developer at AOL and have been recently working on a JK2 family module for AOLserver. The module is ready now and I'd like to take steps necessary to contribute the sources to Tomcat project. I read the guidelines for contribution, but still am a bit confused about the process, e.g.,
-- should I formulate proposal to a PMC?
-- do I need write permission to CVS to make the submission or posting an archive with instructions to tomcat-dev list is the way to go?
-- how do I interact with Decision Makers should the code manifest any deficiency?

Please advise.

In the meantime, some details about this software
Name: nsjk2 (libnsjk2.so)
Versions: Tomcat 4.1.18, AOLserver 4.0(beta)
Tested on OS: Solaris 2.7
Compiles under: Forte 6, GCC

Functional Summary:
-- adds support for Java Servlets and JSP to AOLserver environment;
-- supports virtual servers
-- when Tomcat runs in-process and talks with JK2 via JNI channel, Java servlets can access "native" dynamic content mechanism (ADP) and evaluate Tcl scripts or include ADP pages.

Source files affected:

jakarta-tomcat-connectors-src/jk/build.properties
jtc-src/jk/native2/build.xml
jtc-src/jk/native2/server (adds aolserver directory with C and Java sources)

Thank you,
Alexander Leykekh