Glenn Nielsen wrote:

>> Beta != release.
>>
>> And no, that's not the main reason. If you need the manager to include
>> fileupload - than place it in WEB-INF/lib, don't bloat server/lib.
>> The /admin doesn't place struts.jar in server/lib.
>>

> That can be done.  But I will also have to move the
> /server/lib/servlets-manager.jar into /manager/WEB-INF/lib and add
> additional permissioins to the catalina.policy.

>> I'm not comfortable with making HTMLManager too complex - but if you
>> really need that, fine - but do it right.
>>
>> You could easily have a separate webapp that supports uploading - there
>> is no need to have one kitchen-sink servlet that does everything.
>>

> fileupload is used as part of the HTML anager so that you can upload a war
> file to install.  It makes no sense to split it out to a separate webapp.

I understand what fileupload is doing - but HTML Manager doesn't have to
get into content management, it is wrong design.

Create another servlet that supports upload functionality. Or use webdav.
We just can't keep adding features to HTMLManager - it is already too big
for one servlet.

And certainly not in 4.1.22.