Filip Hanik wrote:

> I'm about to implement cluster wide deployment.
> Who should initiate the call to deploy cluster wide, should it be the
> StandardHostDeployer or the manager servlet?

What do you mean ? When an app is deployed on one host in the cluster do you
plan to copy it to all instances ?

In any case - the "right" way to do it is to listen for JMX registration
events - that will tell you when a new webapp was registered in an
instance, regardless of the method ( StandardHostDeployer, manager servlet,
admin, other app calling methods directly ).

You can do that by creating an mbean and having it listen - look at
MapperListener for an example.

I'm not very familiar with your impl - I assume each instance in a cluster
has an "ID". I hope this ID is in sync with the jvm-route and the JMX domain
:-) ( i.e. it is the Engine name )