Henri Gomez wrote:
jean-frederic clere wrote:

Henri Gomez wrote:

BTW, the JF-Clere fix in configure.in to use the libtool in Apache 2.0 case, don't works with Redhat 8.0/9.0 where there is an Apache 2.0.40 with post 2.0.40 security fixes.

And what is the error? It works with a vanilla Apache-2.0.40.

I don't know what they do with their 2.0.40 version but here is what I've got :

I don't think that changes in apxs are the problem. But I think that there must be something weird in build/config_vars.mk What does apxs -q LIBTOOL returns?

It didn't works :

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/sbin/apxs line 261.

I think I have got it: That is a bug in apxs due to:
LIBTOOL = /bin/sh /usr/bin/libtool $(LTFLAGS)
apxs does not like the $(LTFLAGS).
I have the same error when I do bin/apxs -q EXTRA_INCLUDES in my vanilla Apache! (even with 2.0.46!)

And:
$APXS -q PREFIX
$APXS -q INCLUDEDIR
$APXS -q CFLAGS
$APXS -q EXTRA_CFLAGS
$APXS -q EXTRA_CPPFLAGS

All of them works.

Could you send me the build/config_vars.mk?

attached.

The basic problem is that we use 2 LIBTOOL: In some places (like commons) LIBTOOL is the result of `apxs -q LIBTOOL` and in other places (like apache-2.0) LIBTOOL is the make variable included from build/config_vars.mk. I do not understand why they are different because apxs reads from build/config_vars.mk!!!

Yes we should unify.

PS: Some beers on July/August ;-)

Sure!