jean-frederic clere wrote:

That needs a little more, because the *.lo files are in common are build before using LIBTOOL instead apxs.

When using the actual make in apache-2.0 the common/*.c are compiled and left in apache-2.0 but apxs looks for the *.lo in common: (that is with 2.0.40)
+++
gcc: ../common/jk_ajp14_worker.lo: No such file or directory
gcc: ../common/jk_md5.lo: No such file or directory
gcc: ../common/jk_ajp_common.lo: No such file or directory
gcc: ../common/jk_context.lo: No such file or directory
make: *** [mod_jk.la] Error 1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache-2.0 >
+++

Using VPATH=.:../common in Makefile and JK="" solves the problem but force to use gnu make.

hmm... straight configure and GNU make (native make won't work with mod_jk* on AIX) and it works

any chance that it worked with GNU make without any additional changes? (not saying that is good, just wondering if that is why I didn't see this issue)

or maybe there is some path-related configure option I didn't test with?

did you hit the problem on any of {Linux, AIX, FreeBSD, Tru64, Solaris, HP-UX}?