----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
CoyoteAdapter.java

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > keith       2003/07/02 17:16:49
> >
> >   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
> >                         CoyoteAdapter.java
> >   Log:
> >   Allow * as a valid url
>
> Errr, ok, well, that's a possibly risky patch. I think that does get
> mapped to the root context and its default servlet (and the servlet path
> should be "*").
> I verified a "/*" security constraint mapping matched this URL.

I've checked this briefly.  It looks Ok to me.  The original problem was
with:
$ telnet localhost 8080
OPTIONS * /HTTP1.1
Host: localhost:8080

Previously this would generate a 400 error.  Now it generates the correct
values for the OPTIONS with a (correct) 200 response.

> Remy

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this
message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the
Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as
social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and
passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.