Steven,

I did modify Jasper (Tomcat's JSP engine) a couple years back to support scripting languages in the JSP scriptlets. Though I don't have intimate knowledge of the Tomcat internals, they are pretty well documented, I do use it, and this type of low-level development is my specialty (and my favorite ;)). Is the client looking for extensions, performance tweaks, web services integration, etc.?

My cel. number is 314-537-6570.

Thanks,
Bob