Stefan Bodewig wrote:
Hi,

as by now you most probably know, all releases should go through
www.apache.org/dist so they will be mirrored and we (the ASF) can save
money as we pay for the transferred data.  For details please see
<http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html> and
<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/convert-to-mirror.html>.

Tomcat 4.1 is using the "official" distribution location, but AFAICS
no connector distribution is doing so.

I'll be happy to help with the migration ranging from giving advice to
doing it myself, just let me know what is needed.

We have a release pending for mod_jk 1.2.5, I can take care of this when I do the release. I migrated jakarta-taglibs to support the mirror months ago. Thanks for the offer to help.

On a related note: How does anybody find the connector distributions?

Yesterday I had a customer who insists on placing Tomcat behind IIS
rant about that "damned open source software" as he failed to locate
iis_redirect.dll.  He started from the location he used to download
the version bundled with 3.2.4 as he couldn't find a link on Tomcat's
pages.  It's rather hard to find them that way.

Even before Robert changed the Jakarta download pages a few hours ago,
there has been no link to a connector download and I cannot find a
link in Tomcat's part of the Jakarta website at all.

I found the JK2 download by following the link in Tomcat's README in
<http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-4/binaries/>, but please
note that (1) mirrors may not display that file at all[1] and (2)
almost nobody is going to see the README after the redesign of the
Jakarta download page.

Yeah, this should be made clearer and can be done as part of migrating mod_jk to support the mirror. I can publish to the jakarta site so I will look into this.

Thanks for prodding us Stefan.

Regards,

Glenn