Torsten Fohrer wrote:

next try

Yes, the code is better (IMO) and performs a little better also.
However, looking more at my profiler, I think the problem with that benchmark is all the not optimized int -> String conversions. Since that's not too useful in the real world (but in that benchmark, it seems extremely important), it is not worth optimizing it right now.

BTW, for these, Resin generated out.print((var)), assuming the type of the expression would be correct. I think we went through that and decided not to do that, right ?

I think we would need to define a decent servlet&JSP bench suite :) (and avoid to rig it)

Remy