and clustering :)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 10:01 AM
Subject: [5.0] Session at ApacheCon

http://apachecon.com/html/session-popup.html/e=MjAwMy9VUw?id=897

<quote>New XML Schema support</quote>

Well, hum, it doesn't work for me ^_^;

<quote>New Connector Architecture</quote>

It was already there in 4.1.x. If you do a diff, you'll see that the
differences are the added JMX stats and a few tweaks.

<quote>New Security Architecture</quote>

I suppose that's the added privileged actions, and it allows more
restrictive policies than before, right ?

<quote>Servlet 2.4 new features</quote>

I think nobody cares anymore about the Servlet spec, esp since there's
(almost) nothing new.

However, the most useful changes to Tomcat are none of the above, but:
- refactored deployer (on Windows, you couldn't do anything without
restarting Tomcat)
- monitoring and statistics
- JMX embedding
- mention JSP 2.0 briefly
- also quite useful are the new wrappers for Windows and Unix

Remy