Hi all,
like  a good girl I have been using the user-mailing-list up to now to search for
user experience installing tomcat on os390.

Most (if not all) contributions are in the form "has anyone successfully installed
tomcat on os390?" From some other I got partly valuable ideas.

I have been TRYING to get tomcat run on os390 in the last couple of days.
Done everything I could - everything seems to be allright up to this pont: tomcat IS
running at last
without any serious signs of disbehaviour - no error messages at all, xml's behaving
well. But if we connect to
localhost:tomcatport/index.jsp  (or wahtever else for that matter), the browser does
not show
anything. Doing the same with a perl script shows that the server is ansering and is
supplying the
requested page, BUT EACH LINE OF THE HTTP_HEADER CONTAINS AN INVALID
(i.e.: ebcdic) LINE SEPARATOR. So thats the reason why.

Today I tried to identify the .java-file giving us the header (looking for \r\n) . I
thought I found it,
by my hex.editor did not show me any 0x0d15 (which ought to be the suspect, i.e.
Newline
in ebcdic).

What I would like to know: Is there any kind of patch for os/390? Do you have any
suggestions?
Is anybody working on it? What should I do? I want to have this beast running.

PLEASE.

We have os390 2.10
IBM-JDK 1.3
tomcat 4.1.27