From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 12:44 PM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: RE: Webapp classloader question.

Howdy,
Tomcat 4.1.x implements the endorsed classloader spec.  It's compliant with
the Servlet Specification v2.3.  What you can do if you want your webapp to
use the latest xerces/JAXP, is:
- Move $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed/* to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
- Put your later xerces etc. in WEB-INF/lib as you've been doing.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

2.3.

>Could someone please hint some lights on why tomcat 4.1.x decided to
>enforce the delegate model for these two packages?
>
>(The reason I'm asking is that, we try to use the latest Xerces in our
>webapps, and since it always look and found the one from
common/endorsed
>directory, our latest version will always be skipped.)
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>William.
>
>Join us at Cognos' biggest event of the year Enterprise 2003, The
Cognos
>Business Forum.  Taking place in over 25 cities around the world, it's
an
>opportunity for Business and IT leaders to learn about strategies for
>driving performance. Visit http://www.cognos.com/enterprise03 for more
>details.
>
>This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
If
>you
>have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient,
you
>may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any
>attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the
sender
>promptly by e-mail that you have done so.  Thank you.

sender.  Thank you.