Thanks for confirming, Remy!

I'll make these changes.

Jan

Remy Maucherat wrote:
Jan Luehe wrote:

I may be totally wrong here, but it seems that if the
backgroundProcessorDelay property on a StandardContext is set to
something greater than zero (default is -1, inherited from
ContainerBase), the context's sessions are never purged.

This is because in ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor,
processChildren() is implemented as follows:

    for (int i = 0; i < children.length; i++) {
        if (children[i].getBackgroundProcessorDelay() <= 0) {
            processChildren(children[i], cl);
        }
    }

So when invoked from the ContainerBackgroundProcessor of a
StandardHost, only the sessions of those StandardContexts with a
backgroundProcessorDelay <=0 will get purged.

I think the assumption is that if a StandardContext has a
backgroundProcessorDelay > 0, it would have its own
ContainerBackgroundProcessor spawn at startup. However, unlike
StandardEngine/Host/Wrapper, StandardContext.start() does not invoke
super.start(), and therefore a ContainerBackgroundProcessor is never
created for a StandardContext.

Arg, stupid me, I forgot about that. We need to add the code which starts the backgroud thread in StandardContext.start.
So we need to call super.startThread() and super.stopThread. This doesn't seem too hard.

Remy