I had the same problem using J2EE 1.4 Beta 2 (Tomcat 5). But i blamed it on my
ISP (they use a router, which apparently does the replacement of HTTP
headers). Was i right?
I wonder why the URLs like this work: it has to be the case that the browsers
ignore the domain part of the URL once TCP/IP connection is established.
Because the URL i was seeing in the HTTP header was MACHINE.isp.etc.com, which
couldn't even be pinged from outside. So, TCP/IP headers take precedence over
HTTP headers. Am i right?

Thanks,
Reshat.