The docs for both Tomcat 4 and 5 imply that you can nest a Context Listener inside
the DefaultContext.  But this had not been implemented.

I had a need to implement a custom Context Listener and Custom Loader (WebappLoader)
which needed to be configurable using the DefaultContext.

I have patches for both Tomcat 4 and Tomcat 5 which implement the ability
to configure a nested Context Listener and a nested Webapp Loader inside
the DefaultContext.

When developing that patches I did not change any published interfaces, though
the internal catalina implementation had to be slightly modified.

I can commit this to Tomcat 5 first, then if everyone is ok with it,
commit the Tomcat 4 version of the patches.

Regards,

Glenn