Glenn Nielsen wrote:

The Coyote docs state the following regarding coyote connector logging:

"Any debugging or exception logging information generated by this Connector will be automatically routed to the Logger that is associated with our related Engine. No special configuration is required to enable this support."

But this doesn't seem to work.

The Connector is configured in the Service scope and the Logger is configured in the Engine
scope. A Service can not have a Logger configured, and an Engine can't have a Connector
configured.

I see logging output from the Coyote Connector going to the default stdout/stderr Tomcat
logs rather than to to the log configured for the Engine.

Am I just mistaken, or is the documented logging behaviour broken?

As many components, the connector now logs to commons-logging (with categories according to its classname), so this particular page in the docs would need updates :-(

Remy