I am evaluating Tomcat 5.0.14 for use in a ASP Hosting environment. As
part of this environment I would need to routinely create (or destroy)
virtual hosts. One major showstopper seems to be that if I create a
virtual host and click on the "Commit Changes", then the service
reloads, including all of the virtual hosts, and their associated
contexts.

Is there some setting I don't see that can affect this restarting
behavior?

Without the capability to create virtual hosts on the fly, I will have
to schedule routine re-starts of the servlet engine. This is really less
than optimal. Any ideas would be appreciated.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585
http://www.mhsoftware.com