Howdy,
Tomcat 4 and later are so different from 3.x.  I suggest you do the
migration, if only for the speed and feature increases.  I don't think
there's an "attribute" called "secureCookie" in tomcat4, as there is no
"un-secure" mode.  Perhaps a tomcat 3 guru like Senor Barker can fill in
more information...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.