You could try asking on the users list for more info.  TC 3.2.x has been
unsupported for a very long time.  The only advice I can offer is to upgrade
to a supported version of Tomcat (e.g. 3.3.x, 4.1.x, 5.0.x).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Katalin Fónagy (IJ/ETH)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 3:04 AM
Subject: AbstractMethodError

> Hi,
>
> I am writing in connection with tomcat.
> I would like to use openorb-1.3.1 on linux.
> But the servlet (it is started through tomcat) cannot work.
> The following error msg appears:
>

> Location: /Toolbox/servlet/ToolboxGenerator
> Internal Servlet Error:
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError
> at org.openorb.CORBA.kernel.Configurator.handleXMLImport(Unknown Source)
> at org.openorb.CORBA.kernel.Configurator.(Unknown Source)
> at org.openorb.CORBA.kernel.OpenORBLoader.init(Unknown Source)
> at org.openorb.CORBA.ORB.set_parameters(Unknown Source)
> at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:324)
> at se.ericsson.lmc.Toolbox.LoginManager.getOrb(LoginManager.java:44)
> at se.ericsson.lmc.Toolbox.LoginManager.(LoginManager.java:58)
> at
se.ericsson.lmc.Toolbox.ToolboxGenerator.service(ToolboxGenerator.java:111)
> at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
> at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:81
2)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
> at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
> at
> at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)

> The appropriate jar files are in the classpath of tomcat: logkit.jar,
avalon-framework.jar, openorb-1.3.1.jar, xerces.jar
> I suspect other class and method is called instead of the one being in
xerces.jar....

> (If parser.jar is before xerces.jar in the CLASSPATH, then
NoSuchMethodError is written.... )

> thank you for the help in advance: Katalin Fonagy

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this
message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the
Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as
social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and
passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.