[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Ah this still does not fix it I am afraid.

Neither does the CVS patch.

:-(

Any objections to reopening the bug?

Well, yes. Please do not reopen the report. Revisions 1.30 or 1.31 do (really) resolve the issue.

Pulled 1.31 from CVS - complied it with some debug statements and it appears
that Response.java setContentType is being called with:
application/vnd.ms-excel;charset=ISO-8859-1

When my code is:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED] contentType="application/vnd.ms-excel"%>

Ok, now I understand. Your problem is that you're trying to generate binary data using JSPs. You can't do that, basically (Jasper will always use a Writer, and it will also always set the encoding). I'm sure you can hack your way around by using the "right" encoding, but you should really use a servlet.

There's a "fix" for you though: you can use revision 1.30 or Response, which strips out the charset if it's the default encoding.

Rémy