Hello,

Due to the increased volume of SPAM this mailbox has been closed.

Please contact us via http://www.directxtras.com/ContactUS.asp

We apology for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
--
The DirectXtras Team
DirectXtras - Xtra Power for Director and Authorware -

Your message reads:

From: "Bill Barker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [PROPOSAL] Release the HEAD of j-t as Tomcat 3.3.2
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:48:42 -0800

------------=_1076294172-837-390

It has been a long time since the 3.3.1 release, and there are several
important bug fixes in the CVS.  Therefore, I'm proposing cutting a 3.3.2
release with myself as RM (although I'll step aside if Larry really wants
the job :).

Time Line:
  This proposal will run until Thursday, Feb 12 (I was going to do Friday,
until I noticed that the date was the 13th :) 6:00 PM PDT.  At that point it
will become a [VOTE] that will last until Thursday, Feb 19 6:00 PM PDT.  If
the [VOTE] passes with 3 PMC +1s and no -1s and the enhancements below are
complete (with the possible exception of licensing), then we cut a 3.3.2-RC1
release.  I don't see that it is likely that we have any major regressions,
so I don't see the need for a Beta.  I propose to leave RC1 out for two
weeks until Friday, Mar 5 (March 4th isn't good for me).  At that point we
cut a 3.3.2 release.

Packaging Changes:
  I propose that we no longer ship src/native with the src distro (unless it
is too hard to modify Larry's scripts, in which case we include a do-not-use
in the release notes).  I'd also like to include the commons-daemon
procrun/w and jsvc (source) with the release, similar to TC 5.  Also I'd
like to make the CoyoteConnector2 (possible renamed to CoyoteConnector :)
the default connector in server.xml.  We can add a note to use the old
Connectors for people that can't use Java2.

Code Changes:
1)  I'd like to add a blocking option to o.a.t.startup.Main (e.g. 'startb')
so that 3.3 can be used with procrun.  Also make sure that the
init/start/stop/destroy semantics are there for jsvc.
2)  Add fix for Bug #8643 (allow to specify alternate module.xml files)
3)  Port the requestURI encoding fixes for TC 4/5 (although, I believe that
this is on DecodeInterceptor, instead of the Connector).
4)  Update license to Apache-2.0 (non-negotiable, with a March release date
:).

Bugs:
Several of the LATER bugs have been already fixed, so mark them as such.  Of
the remaining 18 open bugs, they will be marked as one of
INVALID/FIXED/WORKSFORME/LATER.

Comments/Suggestions/Flames?

------------=_1076294172-837-390

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this
message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the
Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as
social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and
passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.