Hi Jeff,

I tested this before the 4.1.30 release, and just retested it,
and it continues to work for me without your patch.  Since the
protocolHandler doesn't support the "allowTrace" property, the
setProperty() is unnecessary in Tomcat 5.0.x and shouldn't make
a difference in Tomcat 4.1.30.  It is safer to keep the
setProperty() in Tomcat 5 in case somebody cut & pastes the
setAllowTrace() method for some new property that does need it.

Maybe a restart magically made the problem disappear.  Does
your 4.1.30 consistently show this problem without your patch?

Cheers,
Larry