Am 16.03.2004 um 20:34 schrieb Shapira, Yoav:

Hi,

Is there some documentation (besides the javadoc) that describes
StandardClassLoader? Does it follow the standard delegation model or
does it query its local repository first?

There's the loader documentation page, http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/loader.html, which talks a bit about delegation.

Your question (to which the answer is delegating is false by default) is
not hard to discern from the source code of StandardClassLoader:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/ src/s
hare/org/apache/catalina/loader/StandardClassLoader.java? rev=1.8&view=ma
rkup

that's the way to go ;-)

Then there's the classloader how-to which gives more information: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

These questions so far belong on tomcat-user, not tomcat-dev.

Well, the question was actually about using StandardClassLoader in another project, so I thought I post in tomcat-dev because it has nothing to do with 'using' tomcat.