Remy Maucherat wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

luehe 2004/03/16 11:24:59

Modified: util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper Mapper.java
MappingData.java
Log:
Fix for Bugzilla 27664 ("Welcome files not found in combination with
jsp-property-group")
Rather than having the JspServlet know about welcome files, the mapper
algorithm has been amended to search for welcome files in URI spaces
that match a url-pattern in a jsp-property-group.
Please review carefully and let me know what you think.

Obviously I hate it.
Since when the mapper must have JSP stuff in it ?

It just shows the specification is broken.

And to think you're likely going to do something even uglier to fix "bug" 27704.
I can't wait ;)

Seriously: the specification needs to be fixed, as I do not plan to integrate these changes in any release.

I thought about something a little bit cleaner to address the "bugs". I think you need to remove the extra servlet mappings for the JSP servlets jsp-property-group. Then add something to the context valve (calling a utility class to do the "mapping" = change the servlet from the default servlet or other to the JSP servlet if it matches a jsp-property-group; the algorithms are very similar to filter mapping). Unfortunately, the request dispatcher will also have to call this utility class :( This adds a significant amount of complexity in the servlet layer ...

I can suggest sensible erratas to the specification if you need them.

Rémy