can't wait to read more FUD articles proclaiming they're the savor of the world.

I think I'll keep plugging along until the rubber hits the tires and some real
traction is observed.

peter

Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I saw this nice post on the Geronimo list, and I feel insulted.

> Two full-blown articles on the topic is forthcoming in the coming
weeks. I want
>to take the time and care necessary to convey my various points in the
most
> positive and constructive way I can. I'll send a link to this list
and to the
> Tomcat list when it's published.

and

JBoss does not embed Tomcat. They bolt it onto the side of their
server--this
is not the same thing. If they say it is, they are either misleading you or
they are honestly wrong. I know enough about Marketecture to safely say
this.
I've also read their source code, and I know how it works. Again, watch
for the
articles ; )

As far as "competitive advantages" go, once people get a taste of Geronimo's
configuration and distribution features, once they understand what IoC-3
Components and GBeans buy them, they're never going to want to develop for
anything else. Order-of-magnitude performance gains not included, I
think the
JBoss server is in serious trouble and I would hate to be holding ten
million
dollars of debt on my shoulders riding in *that* boat. The configuration
advantages alone will challenge the way we think about application
development.

Yeah, they set the bar really high around here. I got a couple of
nosebleeds
trying to get over it. I'm sure the JBoss guys'll start seeing similar
problems
when they sit down to implement JSR-77.

I feel inflamatory articles, FUD, and nonsense is a very unproductive
way to interact (given your latest fine article on the ASF, I see you
have a habit of taking people hostage using that method), and, given
that, my answer to any of your proposals is very simple: no (aka, -1).
As for the apparently marvellous G experience, we'll see and let the
market decide. Quite frankly, you sound like an Avalon fan turned bad.

Rémy