Hi all,

I've noticed a few minor problems in the 2.0.4 build/install docs and
an issue with building on Solaris that I thought worth mentioning.

Anyway, the old BUILD instructions are still kicking around, which is
a bit confusing (the new stuff's much better, btw, thanks!).
jk/BUILD.txt still refers to jk1.2, which is a bit wacky.  There's
also a HOWTO-RELEASE file in that directory (is there supposed to be?)
The README.TXT in there is also the old version.  I didn't really look
much further, I just happened to bump into this stuff when I was
looking for the new docs.

After reading through the much better new build/install, I
successfully built it on Solaris 9 (SPARC, gcc 2.95.3, apache 1.3.29)
but only after some tweaking.  I had to first manually configure,
build, and install apr and apr-util, because the automatic
all-one apr-config-and-compile failed noisily with a bazillion "Text
relocation remains against symbol" errors.

I managed to get it to compile by manually replacing the
"--disable-shared" apr configure entries to "--enable-shared" inside
the jk2 configure script *after* building and installing my own
version of apr and apr-util.  The library dependencies turned out OK
-- i.e. mod_jk2.so is finding libapr-0.so.0 and libaprutil-0.so.0 in
the right spot, so it seems ok.  Was that the right way to fix it?  I
don't know, but I got the build to work by doing it, so it was better
than nothing -- at least for me.

It all works (I've tested it against my running 4.1.27 tomcat right
now).  I've unfortunately had to revert back to 1.2.5 until I can get
some configuration feature differences worked out, but it looks
promising.

Thanks for listening, hopefully this info will help somebody.

Sean Ross
Corvallis, Oregon, USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]