its very very easy to replicate.
Seems there is a buffer in jk_ajp_common.c line 383 ?
which gives a Error ajp_marshal_into_msgb - Error appending the query string
in the jk.log file !

Just do ........testpage.jsp?param=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

and make the value 7600 'A's long !

I've tried customizing the error page for the single percent sign problem with a
status code 500 but it doesn't seem to work :(
any ideas ?

Thanks

David

                      "Shapira, Yoav"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Tomcat Developers List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: single percent sign in a
parameter causes an exception report detailing tomcat version
                      16/04/2004 14:16

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat

                      Developers List"

Hi,

>still makes a nasty mess on your screen :)

That's subjective: I tend to like all the information I can get, but
then again I'm a developer.  The error pages at least are easily
customizable (including in a global way for the tomcat server admin) to
include or not include whatever you want.

>They also discovered that if you pass 7,600 bytes as the value for a
GET
>parameter
>that mod_jk1 tells you the server is down.

Now that's a good one!  I don't use mod_jk but that's a cool find.  If
you haven't already, you should enter the full test details in Bugzilla
so we can reproduce and fix it.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or