Hi,
So at some point soon (the next day or two), we want to put the current
tomcat 5 code on a branch called tomcat_5_0 (the actual branch name is
tentative but let's use tomcat_5_0 for example).  We'll do this after
tagging TOMCAT_5_0_26 on the main branch.

The actual CVS command is easy:
cvs rtag -r TOMCAT_5_0_26 -b TOMCAT_5_0
(repeat once for each tomcat CVS module, jakarta-tomcat-5,
jakarta-tomcat-catalina, etc.)

Subsequent checkouts and tagging operations against this have to specify
-r TOMCAT_5_0 or else they work against the default, main/head branch.
Commits are easy (don't need a branch specified) as they automatically
work against the branch where the checkout was done.

Is that it?  Should we be concerned about the fact that the main/head
codebase will not be as stable, so users trying to build head (or
automated/nightly/gump trying to build head) may run into trouble?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.