----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy McArthur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: mod_jk 1.2.6 release ? - session tracking cookie

> On Jul 19, 2004, at 8:43 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:
> > And since I couldn't delay the release to long, we need a quick reply,
> > so thanks to take a look at it.
>
> We've setup a current CVS checkout of mod_jk at
> http://sp27en1.nerdc.ufl.edu/login.do which is load balancing to our
> webmail cluster. If you constantly reload the page you'll see it's
> setting a new JSESSIONID cookie on every request.

Yup.  Sending the cookie almost always fails to stick.  Sending the
jsessionid via URL-rewriting always sticks.  So it does look like there is a
bug with the lb cookie parsing.  I can't see by looking at the code what it
is however :(.  I can probably find a machine that I can hook up with the
HEAD code and lb to see what is going wrong, but I can't promise when.  If
you feel like putting more work into this, adding 'fprintf(stderr,...)'
statements should go to the Apache error_log.

> For comparison https://webmail.ufl.edu/login.do is using mod_jk 1.2.5
> load balancing to the same webmail cluster.

Yup.  This one will always stick with the cookie.

> Sandy McArthur

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this
message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the
Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as
social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and
passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.