Remy Maucherat wrote:

Costin Manolache wrote:

Well, the mod_proxy + enhancements for sticky session + enhancements for passing auth info sounds reasonable - and if nobody wants the JMX support, then maybe we won't need to write a new connector anyway :-)

Remy will be happy - we'll only use the http connector.

I think AJP has advantages, but if the HTTPd folks only accept a simple solution based on mod_proxy, then so be it, it'll be our entry level connector.

One issue here:

When Apache and Tomcat are used together via AJP13:

1. The host, port, protocol, etc, are exactly that at the Apache
level, i.e. one's web app sees Apache and Tomcat as 1 entity. This is a very good thing overall compared to reverse proxying (if
that's the mod_proxy proposal).
2. The body content, query string, etc, are reported to one's web
application precisely as sent, whereas Tomcat pre-processes them a
bit more than picky, low-level request parsing code can accept. [Yes, the "picky" code is *too* picky, but it isn't mine :-)]

--
Jess Holle