Shapira, Yoav wrote:

* Default global and per-host configurations:
- conf/<engine>/<host>/context.xml.default
- conf/<engine>/<host>/web.xml.default
- conf/context.xml
- conf/web.xml
This will lead to the removal of the DefaultContext interface, since
this will fully replace the functionality (while being very simple to
implement and actually complete functionality wise; I have no idea why

never thought of doing it this way, since the default web.xml is
implemented like that). For the admin webapp support for

DefaultContext,

we would simply need to register a Context instance in JMX with the
usual DefaultContext MBean name, and tweak a little.

+1, good idea.

I'm getting somewhere with the revised HostConfig and ContextConfig classes. I'll commit stuff this evening as a backup. Right now, it builds (with JDK 1.5 only at the moment), and it sort of runs, but many things aren't done in HostConfig. I'll need to modify the manager webapp when HostConfig is done (but since this will be for removing code from there, it won't be too hard).

When it works, I'll proceed with removing the interfaces which start with a 'D' (Deployer and DefaultContext).

Rémy