FWIW (I must have too much free time)

I tried your hello world example as a recipient of a posted form and it seems to work just fine for me with either request.getReader or request.getInputStream.

Though I was using TC 5.0.25 (standalone) and even tried it in IBM WAS 5.1 Test Environment. Works fine everywhere from what I can see.

Mike

j.random.programmer wrote:
"Yoav Shapira" wrote thusly:
I saw your message on tomcat-user.  Several other
Tomcat developers also follow that list.  I

personally

looking at the stack trace chose to discard your
message for a few reasons:

You reply is retarded; more signifantly you are not
and
have never been a core developer ON THE JSP CODE. What you choose to do is irrelevant.

The bug is very real.

That my twice posted message (on both dev and user)
got
no response from core developers is frightening.

- The AJP connector in the stack trace indicates

Apache

in front of Tomcat, making Apache and the AJP

connector

possible culprits.  Unless you reproduce this with
Tomcat standalone, I'm not convinced.

A simple servlet using the same setup does not display
the bug. I can getInputStream() OR getReader() from a
servlet's doPost method and print out the entire
POST'ed body. The bug only happens for JSP's in tomcat 4.1.30 and beyond.

- The fact it's 4.1.30, which is a mature branch

that's

been in the market for a while, and if what you're
reporting is really true we would have heard about it
via bug reports a long time ago.

'tis better to remain silent and appear a fool than to
speak and remove all doubt ... (and your above
statement removes all doubt).

- Also being on a 4.x release, I'm not as interested,
because only 5.x is being actively developed.  If you
reported this error on 5.0.27 standalone tomcat I
suspect you would have gotten replies on the tomcat-
user list from me and others.

Don't matter if "you" are interested or not. The bug
is
real and needs to be fixed by the core developers for
the hundreds of thousands of people who are using the
stable 4.1.x branch today.

And if the core developers are so cock-sure that this
is not a bug, then why don't they at least say that
they could NOT replicate this ? After all, the sample
jsp that shows the bug is only a few lines long and
extremely simple to test.

Again, I don't know what is more troubling: the severity of this bug, your post, or the total lack
of response from the core jsp developers (one way or
another)....

Best regards,

--j