Filip Hanik - Dev wrote:

The Java VM does this through file handling, we would have to find out where it issues this call and if we can get around it. The
Tomcat developers are not calling stat anywhere in the code, but the underlying JVM code does, we just don't know where

Ok. Well, I think there's no such thing, as the test was about a servlet. There's also a cache, so it won't go to the HD too often, but of course, I don't know how it really works. Also something to remember is that the HelloWorld example servlet is a very bad throughtput test: it has a very expensive i18n operation (it retrieves a resource bundle on each request), which Apache doesn't do. So it would be better to either test with a static file, or write a new servlet with the same output (minus i18n).

It would be good to test with HEAD (the test was done with 3.3) to see if the stat issue occurs.

Rémy