Hello,

I have just tried to compile the jsvc tool for SGI IRIX 6.5. However,
this system is not supported in the moment. In the INSTALL.txt file of
the source package it was remarked that you need details of the
operating system and the JDK to implent it into the jsvc.

I have also tried to do some changes on the source code on my own to get
a working jsvc version. I have now a executable jsvc file on my SGI,
however, it does not work properly.Unfortunately my knowledge about
compiler differences is not perfect.

Here are the details about the JDK under IRIX6.5
The Java environment can be found under /usr/java2. A list of the
complete java2 folder is included in this mail as attachment (java2.ls).

 <<java2.ls>>
If somebody wants to know which changes I have been made on the source
code to get an executable version, please contact me. Maybe, someone has
already an idea what the problem why this version does not work anyhow.
When starting tomcat over jsvc using the tomcat5 file, I will get the
following messages (debug modus, I have also added some addtional debug
lines in the source code) from stdout and catalina.out

Stderr/Stdout:
./tomcat5 start
jsvc debug: +-- DUMPING PARSED COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS --------------
jsvc debug: | Detach:          True
jsvc debug: | Show Version:    No
jsvc debug: | Show Help:       No
jsvc debug: | Check Only:      Disabled
jsvc debug: | Run as service:  No
jsvc debug: | Install service: No
jsvc debug: | Remove service:  No
jsvc debug: | JVM Name:        "null"
jsvc debug: | Java Home:       "/usr/java2"
jsvc debug: | PID File:        "/var/run/jsvc.pid"
jsvc debug: | User Name:       "tomcat"
jsvc debug: | Extra Options:   3
jsvc debug: |   "-Dcatalina.home=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27"
jsvc debug: |   "-Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/tmp"
jsvc debug: |
"-Djava.class.path=/usr/java2/lib/tools.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.
0.27/bin/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/bin/bootstr
ap.jar"
jsvc debug: | Class Invoked:   "org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap"
jsvc debug: | Class Arguments: 0
jsvc debug: +-------------------------------------------------------
jsvc debug: user changed to 'tomcat'
jsvc debug: User 'tomcat' validated
jsvc debug: Attempting to locate Java Home in /usr/java2
jsvc debug: Attempting to locate VM configuration file
/usr/java2/jre/lib/jvm.cfg
jsvc debug: Attempting to locate VM configuration file
/usr/java2/lib/jvm.cfg
jsvc debug: Attempting to locate VM configuration file
/usr/java2/lib/sgi/jvm.cfg
jsvc debug: Found VM configuration file at /usr/java2/lib/sgi/jvm.cfg
jsvc debug: Found VM client definition in configuration
jsvc debug: Checking library /usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/client/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Found VM classic definition in configuration
jsvc debug: Checking library /usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/classic/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Found VM hotspot definition in configuration
jsvc debug: Checking library /usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/hotspot/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Found VM server definition in configuration
jsvc debug: Checking library /usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/server/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Checking library /usr/java2/lib32/mips/server/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Cannot locate library for VM server (skipping)
jsvc debug: Found VM native definition in configuration
jsvc debug: Checking library /usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/native/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Checking library /usr/java2/lib32/mips/native/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Cannot locate library for VM native (skipping)
jsvc debug: Found VM green definition in configuration
jsvc debug: Checking library /usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/green/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Checking library /usr/java2/lib32/mips/green/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Cannot locate library for VM green (skipping)
jsvc debug: Java Home located in /usr/java2
jsvc debug: +-- DUMPING JAVA HOME STRUCTURE ------------------------
jsvc debug: | Java Home:       "/usr/java2"
jsvc debug: | Java VM Config.: "/usr/java2/lib/sgi/jvm.cfg"
jsvc debug: | Found JVMs:      3
jsvc debug: | JVM Name:        "client"
jsvc debug: |
"/usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/client/libjvm.so"
jsvc debug: | JVM Name:        "classic"
jsvc debug: |
"/usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/classic/libjvm.so"
jsvc debug: | JVM Name:        "hotspot"
jsvc debug: |
"/usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/hotspot/libjvm.so"
jsvc debug: +-------------------------------------------------------
jsvc debug: redirecting stdout to
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/logs/catalina.out and stderr to &1

Catalina.out:
jsvc debjsvc debug: Starting child process
ug: Starting child process
jsvc debug: Initialize the Java VM...
jsvc debug: Decide WHAT virtual machine we need to use...
jsvc debug: Using default JVM in
/usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/client/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: Try to initialize the DSO library...
jsvc debug: Try to load the JVM library...
jsvc debug: Attemtping to load library
/usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/client/libjvm.so
jsvc debug: JVM library /usr/java2/jre/lib32/mips/client/libjvm.so
loaded
jsvc debug: JVM library entry point found (0x09ACCEC0)
jsvc debug: +-- DUMPING JAVA VM CREATION ARGUMENTS -----------------
jsvc debug: | Version:                       10002
jsvc debug: | Ignore Unrecognized Arguments: False
jsvc debug: | Extra options:                 3
jsvc debug: |   "-Dcatalina.home=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27"
(0x00000000)
jsvc debug: |   "-Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/tmp" (0x00000000)
jsvc debug: |
"-Djava.class.path=/usr/java2/lib/tools.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.
0.27/bin/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/bin/bootstr
ap.jar" (0x00000000)
jsvc debug: +-------------------------------------------------------
jsvc debug: Create the Java VM...
There was an error trying to initialize the HPI library.
Please check your installation, HotSpot does not work correctly
when installed in any JDK 1.1.x release.
jsvc error: Cannot create Java VM
jsvc error: Service exit with a return value of 1

Looking forward for some hints or an working jsvc

Frank

Dr. Frank Oellien
Drug Discovery / BioChemInformatics
Intervet Innovation GmbH | Akzo Nobel
Zur Probstei
D-55270 Schwabenheim
GERMANY

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy, forward
and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without permission of
the sender.