Hey all!

Does anyone have a suggestion here, or I am missing something simple?

Schalk Neethling wrote:

Hey there all!

I am running Tomcat 5.0.25 on Windows XP. I have set-up a .jsp in my web.xml so that I can all it as I do servlets:

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>footer</servlet-name>
  <jsp-file>/secure/includes/footer.jsp</jsp-file>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>footer</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.footer</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

When I call a page that includes this .jsp as follows:
<jsp:include page="process.footer" flush="true" />

I get the following error in the Tomcat log:
2004-08-12 14:43:41 ApplicationDispatcher[/lawillustrated] Servlet.service() for servlet footer threw exception

No Java compiler was found to compile the generated source for the JSP.
This can usually be solved by copying manually $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar from the JDK
to the common/lib directory of the Tomcat server, followed by a Tomcat restart.
If using an alternate Java compiler, please check its installation and access path.

I did copy the tools.jar from my Java sdk to common/lib and also have set my Environment Variables to my JAVA_HOME/lib/ for both user and system. Restarted my system as well as Tomcat. Still get exactly the same result. All other .jsp's that are not mapped in the web.xml work fine without any errors. Any idea as to what is going wrong? Thanks!

-- Kind Regards Schalk Neethling Web Developer.Designer.Programmer.President Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding emotionalize.conceptualize.visualize.realize Tel: +27125468436 Fax: +27125468436 email:[EMAIL PROTECTED] web: www.volume4.co.za

This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or confidential
and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without the permission of the
sender. If you received this message in error, please notify me immediately so that I
can correct and delete the original email. Thank you.