As I see it there are two largish tasks to be performed before the tag can be
added:

1. Convert to the Apache 2 license
2. Update the change log

I haven't looked at 1 but there are scripts available so that should be OK.
I have played a little with CVS to generate lists of commit comments since a
particular date (in this case the date of the 4.1.30 tag) and have something
that seems to work. This should help with the generating the change log.

Also I would suggest we wait until 5.0.28 is released and then use the same
version of the connectors for 4.1.31. In particular I would like to see the fix
for bug 30152 in the release.

I will start looking at 1 & 2 above unless you particularly want to tackle
either of them. I should be able to get something done the end of the month.

Mark