Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

+1 for the vote. :-) I'm in favor of requiring j2se 5.0 (but I work at Sun so I might have a couple of bad habits ;-) )

Is the vote to be only on whether to continue to support 1.3? Or the same for 1.4?

Also, is it just a commiters vote?

Every platform of *any* note has a stable 1.4.2 now and there is precious little excuse to keep using it. On the other hand, if history is any indicator it will be up to 1 full year before 1.5 is available *and* stable on all platforms.(including various versions of UNIX, etc). Perhaps this will somehow only be 6 months, but I'd guess that though 1.5 could be the default, 1.4 support will be needed for up to 12 months after Sun's initial 1.5.0 release.

--
Jess Holle