Tomcat 4 doesn't use UDP for anything. Someone's code using tomcat is doing that.

-Tim

Valentín Alonso Álvarez wrote:

Hi,

We have a problem in production with Jakarta-Tomcat 4.0.6. As the time the
server is running increases, java process open more and more UDP ports (from
1005 to 5000), and we don't know why. These ports don't get closed , so the
number of open ports increases as time goes on. It's probable that this
circumstance is causing other communication problems to our host.

¿Why does Tomcat open UDP ports? ¿Why are not closed? ¿Is there any
solution?