Bill Barker wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Costin Manolache" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: More needed connector refactoring

Remy Maucherat wrote:

Hi,

- I'll add a thread pool similar to the one in Tomcat 4.0, as an
optional policy to the current one; the idea is that it's very dumb, and
could be more stable in some environments (that RH 9 thing ...), but is
not as efficient as the current one; I'll do some benchmarks to see if
for a single CPU computer there's any difference between the two, and I
propose that whichever is the fastest for that use case becomes the
default one (with a preference for the TC 4.0 one in case of a tie, as
it's simpler)

I'm a bit confused - what happened with the thread pool and how did we end up with 2 ? I missed this change.

- I think conf/jk2.properties should go, since we can have arbitrary
properties on the Connector element, and additionally, it has an
extremely confusing name; any comments on that ?

+1 :-)

It will make the Connector element in server.xml really hideous, and
restrict component names to be valid XML attribute names (e.g.
channelSocket.localhost:8009 is a no-no :).  Other than that, I don't see a
problem.

Maybe a better solution would be to introduce a new tag ( "mbean" or "module" or similar ), so we can express the fact that jk is composed from multiple components.

The intention of jk2.properties was to have a way to configure generic components ( mbean-like ), with a simple way to parse/save the changes from both java and C.

Since "C" is no longer an issue - there is no problem with using an xml file, like server.xml. And a good "save changes" implementation shouldn't be specific to jk.