Remy Maucherat wrote:

Is it a standalone class or something like this ? If it is -> copy paste into the Jasper code and remove the funky loading logic.

(I thought JDK 1.5 was supposed to include the same Xerces 2 we were using - what happened ?)

Follow up: the Xerces packages got renamed to com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.*.

So we have two options, one which I like and one which I don't like:

a) Write a XercesJava5EncodingDetector class with the right classnames

b) As the 5 classes used by the XercesEncodingDetector are self contained, we could copy them to the o.a.jasper.xmlparser package, so that Jasper can be spec compliant even without Xerces installed, merge the content of XercesEncodingDetector into XMLEncodingDetector, and remove the dynamic loading of Xerces

Since I think it's not acceptable to require Xerces to be compliant, I would choose b).

Agreed. Will make these changes.

Jan