Bill Barker wrote:

It was on Peter's wish-list to add "managedResource" to the Realms. This
was taken from (I think :) StandardHost, where the code was so broken that
it was impossible that anybody was using it, so waiting for
"managedResource" to be added to the mbean-descriptor was reasonable.

I tested with removing the relevant blocks in the containers: it's not really used.

Except that "managedResource" is an internal-implementation artifact of c-m.
There really isn't any point in getting rid of it before Remy's project to
make c-m an optional component.

Really, I'm supposed to do that ? ;)

I don't think "managedResource" needs anything special: it's just a standard attribute (and is a hack) that is declared in the mbean-descriptors. Its name makes it sound like it's somehow magically provided by the model MBean implementation, but it's not (it would be very insecure to do so). I would be happier if we tried removing the "managedResource", actually.

Rémy