Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,
Tomcat 5.5.3 has been available for about a week now, so it's time for a
stability vote.  I tentatively rated it Alpha when releasing as my own
personal impression, but I haven't had any significant issues with it
myself.  It passes our internal tests, and with the StandardWrapper
hotfix it passes the Servlet and JSP TCKs.  So:

Tomcat 5.5.3 should be rated:
[ ] Alpha still, because ???
[ X ] Beta, it's getting closer to stable [what's missing?]
[ ] Stable, it's rock solid

My vote, as shown above, is for Beta.  What's missing from Stable
rating: StandardWrapper hotfix, a few minor features for the JDT
compiler that are done only for the Ant compiler, JDT compiler support
for J2SE 5.0, a few bells and whistles.

This vote will run for about 72 hours as usual. Also as usual, only
committer votes are binding, but opinions from other readers are
welcome. Thanks,

So do we have a first beta ? ;)
(72H/24H = 3 days, so I'm getting impatient :) )

Rémy