thanks Tim,

the maven repo for tomcat components seems fairly out of date or inconsistent, some components have been 'released' to the maven repo and others haven't. most components seem to be at 5.0.18, with no mention of 5.5.X

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/tomcat/jars/

I can however see why the maven repo isn't kept up to date if each release of tomcat leads to 10 or so different components having to be released.

My life would be made a lot easier if components were released independently :)

Tim Funk wrote:
The components are released during a tomcat upgrade. yes, it can be possible for one of the components to not change during a release cycle.

-Tim

Nathan Coast wrote:

Hi,

bit of background... I maintain the maven-tomcat-plugin. This plugin uses:

catalina-ant
jasper-compiler
jasper-runtime

In the interest of keeping the plugin up to date, I should probably cut a new version of the plugin whenever any of these components are modified. Do these components have their own release cycle? or are they just released whenever there is a new tomcat build?

I'm guessing there are some tomcat releases where none of these components are modified.

-- Nathan Coast Managing Director codeczar ltd mobile: (852) 9049 5581 email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] web: http://www.codeczar.com