>>Actually, in the case of a JSP, we're dealing w/ JspServlet, which is an
>>instance of HttpServlet.
>>
>>I've changed the code to return a constant set of methods if the servlet
>>is not an instance of HttpServlet, avoiding the NPE. :)
>>

> My bad.  I should pay more attention to Jasper :).
>
> However, a JSP page still will return 'Allow: OPTIONS' after all of this
> work :).

Yes, but you'll get a more useful reply for any custom HttpServlets. ;-)
Notice that what the patch does is return the same methods that OPTIONS
would have returned in the Allow response header, minus the disabled
TRACE.

Since the HTTP spec requires that the Allow header should reflect
the capabilities of the requested resource, I think it is a good idea
to follow it as much as we can. It's not like we're adding tons of
code in order to achieve this. :)

Jan