Remy Maucherat wrote:

Jess Holle wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:

It's called persistent manager, and it's the same place as the standard manager, in the session package.
There's even docs: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/manager.html

Thanks for the pointer!

It appears to have what I need/want except for one feature, though I'd like to confirm this.

Is maxActiveSessions the maximum number of sessions at one time? Or is it rather the maximum number which have not been passivated allowed at one time?

If maxActiveSessions is reached, it will (at the moment) refuse the creation of a new one (like for the StandardManager).

To be really clear does "is reached" mean there are 'maxActiveSessions' *active* (non-passivated) sessions? Or does it mean there are 'maxActiveSessions' sessions which have not been invalidated and/or destroyed?

[We need the former -- badly enough to add it ourselves if necessary.]

--
Jess Holle