Bernard

To answer your question:
Your directory structure should be as follows:

TOMCAT_ROOT/webapps/
---------------------- myapp [ All of your usual web files including html and JSP's should go here.
------------------------- WEB-INF
------------------------------- classes [ Compiled java classes ]
------------------------------- lib [ All you jars ]
------------------------------- src [ Source code ]
------------------------------- web.xml

The code you showed below will not really tell you whether your JSP is working or not. Instead write the following code:

<%
JspWriter out = new JspWriter();
out.print("Hello World");
%>

Bernard Pace wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to run my first jsp page on Tomcat. My current version is 5.0.30. The code I am applying to the jsp is the following

Hello, world

How the file that I am saving where should I place it, and should I update an XML file?

Thanks in Advance

-- Kind Regards Schalk Neethling Web Developer.Designer.Programmer.President Volume4.Business.Solution.Developers emotionalize.conceptualize.visualize.realize Tel: +27125468436 Fax: +27125468436 email:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Global: www.volume4.com

We support OpenSource
Get Firefox!- The browser reloaded - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without
the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error, please
notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original email.
Thank you.