Rainer Jung wrote:
Hi,

while trying to improve parts of the mod_jk documentation I made some
observations concerning mod_jk's jk/native/common/jk_uri_worker_map.c I
wanted to discuss. I'm willing to provide patches but wanted to get some
opinions first.

Major matching algorithm is longest context match or longest suffix match. All others are considered as helpers, and are there to do 'quick tests'. I agree that pattern and even possible future regex matching has performance penalties, but those are not for production support.

If one wishes to fine tune performance of mod_jk uri mappings it has
to get it hands dirty and add all mappings manually using longest match
routines, or simply use auto generated mappings.

3) Further there is a decision needed, which matches should be done case sensitive on Win32. At the moment matches are only done case insensitive in the case, when a suffix match is needed and the suffix starts with a '.'. Anything special about that case?

I agree, all win32 mappings should be case insensitive.

Mladen.